Little Pizza Paradise

2009/09/09

Little Pizza Paradise

One day I overheard someone mention that there was a little pizza place on the corner of Butler Market and 27th. I made a special effort to go out that way to check it out. Little Pizza Paradise shares a parking lot with a gas station and a kung fu shop and some other weird/random East Side shops.

I jumped in for a lunch time slice. Little Pizza Paradise boasts that they make their own dough daily, use only the best ingredients, and bake their pizza in an authentic stone deck oven making them the only option for authentic Chicago style pizza. Their tag line is “a taste of Chicago.” I got a slice of pepperoni.

Eh. It wasn’t anything to jump up and down about but it wasn’t horrible either. In all my travels, I don’t think I ever actually had a slice of real Chicago style pizza. I have had real NY pizza in NY. I think it was Famous Rays, or Famous Original Rays. It was at the nexus of the universe on the corner of 1st and First.

So I don’t really have a benchmark for comparison. I did like the little pepperoni slices that curl up and make these little grease cups. I shake in a little Parmesan cheese and it sort of melts in and turns all yellow from the grease. MMMM oily. I also liked the amount of cheese. It was an ok slice.

Little Pizza Paradise

2625 NE Butler Market Rd # B
Bend, OR 97701-7690
(541) 312-2577

The Prineville Princess September 9, 2009 at 8:03 pm

Personally, I had to use about 5 napkins to get enough grease off of the slice so that it didn't drip onto my lap while I was eating…and the crust was about the texture of cardboard, with not much more taste. I'll take Pizanno's back anyday. Sorry it wasn't even a little bit of pizza paradise for this princess.

imagesbyjk September 9, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Yeah, they have decent pizza. Haven't been there for a while for a couple of reasons. 1. Trying to lose weight so pizza isn't exactly a good prescription for that. And B. they were on the spendy side. Don't know if they've adjusted their prices but I found you could delivery pizza of equal or near equal quality for a lot less.

monkeyinabox September 9, 2009 at 8:43 pm

Just type "Chicago Style Pizza" into Google images and you will see what it's supposed to look like. Doesn't look like Chicago style to me (based on your photos & what I've actually had in Chicago).

keeya September 10, 2009 at 12:14 am

Ummm, that's definitely not Chicago Style. I know, I'm a midwestern chick

kris September 12, 2009 at 7:13 pm

Now before you go putting on all that powdered parmesan, you really need to add some hot sauce to the grease!

Reno September 14, 2009 at 12:04 am

I'm from Chicago and frankly, haven't had any good Chicago-style pizza since we left 10 years ago. And its not for lack of trying. In Bend we like Old Towne Pizza best…

Anonymous September 16, 2009 at 8:34 pm

Good blog – pretty good reviews but even better with subtle Seinfeld reference.

Little Pizza Paradise, stay there, I WILL FIND YOU!