JCs Bar and Grill – Bend Oregon

2007/10/12

JC’s Bar and Grill

Word on the street is that when Drew is in town, he kicks it at JC’s Bar and Grill. I don’t mind busting since I’m sort of hoping that he’ll hang out somewhere that I go more often. Sadly, I didn’t see Mr. Bledsoe kicking it at JC’s on my one visit.
I met some friends for lunch and they shared their stories of the few times they had patroned JC’s. One friend talked about going there on St. Patty’s day and JC’s had run out of beer. I’m not a wiz kid but I know there are only two rules a bar needs to abide by on the greatest holiday of all time:

1 – Don’t run out of beer
2 – Don’t serve green beer

Green beer is stupid. Yeah, I said it. It is stupid and if you drink it, you’re stupid.
On my visit to JC’s, I went for the Grilled Chicken sandwich.

I wouldn’t say that JC’s serves the best food or best beer in town, it’s ok. I’d like to go back and try it again to try something else maybe. But I’m usually sceptical about my meal when there is silverware but the food comes in a plastic basket. Weird. Fries were mediocre.

I know the picture doesn’t look that good but that’s what the food looked like. Sorry.

Drew, if you ever want to kick it, let me know.

JC’s Bar and Grill
642 NW Franklin Ave
Bend, OR 97701
(541) 383-3000

Chillable October 12, 2007 at 8:26 pm

I’ve also seen Drew at the Astro lounge, and he plays poker with my neighbor, for whatever that’s worth. (not much if you ask me— I’ve never liked the Cowboys)

And let me just say I am shocked and offended at your attitude toward green beer and those who drink it. You are officially uninvited to my St. Patrick’s day party!
LOL…I am a sucker for it, though. I have even been known to carry bottles of food coloring with me on SPD and dose the beers of the unsuspecting.

Oh wait, what was this post about again? JCs? Oh right—well, they are one of the few places in town who can make a Mind Eraser correctly. I recommend it! And I think the space is way better since the remodel, especially now that they have a shuffleboard table. Booyah!

Anonymous November 3, 2007 at 4:49 am

Well, I guess chillable’s fetish for green beer explains the Cowboys comment. Or maybe it was too many Mind Erasers. BTW -there are some things better left unsaid (i.e. toting of the food coloring). I hope he’s not wondering why he’s still single.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up – we will mark this one off the list.

Anonymous January 5, 2008 at 11:17 pm

Everytime we go to Bend from Portland, we stop at JC’s. I’m addicted to the Lucy Salad and yes, rumors are true. We have met Drew and his brother Adam at the bar, but I equally enjoy the personality of Chris and Jeremy…what a hoot! It’s also nice to support a small brewer like Wildfire.

Jen F December 31, 2008 at 6:35 pm

We went to JC’s last night to watch the Oregon game. Everywhere else was packed, and I wanted a tasty burger.

JC’s has a Big Kahuna Burger! It was quite a tasty burger – actually really good! Tots were just sort of ‘Meh’. JC’s also gets bonus points for having wifi. (What?! A bar with wifi?! What is this world coming to…) So I revved up wifi on my ipod and we geeked out watching the bonus coverage of the Oregon game on espn.com. Yeah I am a geek like that.

On the other hand, I was the second oldest person in JC’s last night. RHPB was the oldest. There are a LOT of 20-something frat boys that hang out at JC’s. But they were all quite nice, and excited to watch the Oregon game.

Peachjan May 22, 2009 at 3:32 am

We visit JC’s everytime we come in from Portland. We can’t beat Chris or Jeremy at shuffleboard but some day we will. The Lucy salad with a cold 10 Barrel beer is the best!

marianne January 19, 2011 at 11:41 pm

hey BOR – it’s been a while since you’ve been to jc’s…may i suggest you visit us again and give us another try.
we no longer have those plastic baskets btw :0)